To support our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Hat Maker's Apprentice. This role is responsible for the every day hat making process that goes on behind the senses of Greeley Hat Works. Our hat makers are at the center of our hand-crafted, high-end hat making process. This role needs someone passionate about quality, who is dedicated to productivity, and committed to creating kick-ass hats.
Greeley Hat Works Specifics:
- Learn all aspects of Greeley Hat Works products and the various terminology
- Understand and use our production calendar via google suite
Hat Making Specifics:
- Blocking, Sanding, and flanging of hats
- Trim Prep, Ironing, Cutting, and sanding of hat bands to maintain an adequate supply.
- Sweatbands: Cut, print, and sew together via sewing machine
- Final Flanging, ironing, and pressing for stock and custom hats
- SOLID WORK ETHIC, FUN, & NICE
- Highschool diploma or GED
- Experience working with your hands (crafts, manufacturing, artwork, etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Familiarity with various technologies including Excel, Chrome, and the Google Suite.
- Positive attitude and good communications skills
- Ability to understand and follow complex instructions
- Self-motivated and conscientious work ethic
- A keen eye for quality and a dedication to excellence
- Desire to learn new skills and grow within a company
- Ability to sit, stand, and work for hours at a time.
Schedule: (40 hours per week)
Monday – Friday 9:30 am-5:30 pm_ish
Salary to start: $16/Hour
Reviews 30/60/90 days
Health Insurance: Full coverage available after 30 days
PTO: 3 sick days and vacation hours after 6 months
Education: On the job training...
Professional Development: 25% Reimbursement for qualified classes